Monday, September 19, 2005

Take me out to the ball game!





Well what a fun day it was yesterday. I saw my first baseball game and it was great. It was the Toronto Blue Jays versus the New York Yankees and in a huge upset the Blue Jays won 6-4. It was played out in a huge stadium previously known as the SkyDome, now the Rogers centre. Its amazing the stuff they do at baseball games. They gave away a brand new car, a years supply of ice cream and 100s of dollars worth in gift vouchers to lucky fans. They even have a FedEx van come out to the pitch and deliver the game ball. I could not leave a baseball game without getting a couple of souvenirs, so I grabbed a blue jays cap, programme and one heck of a foam finger. I have always wanted one of them. Afer enjoying the game I went to a nice irish pub in the St Lawrence District where I enjoyed a tasty meal!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, fantastic blog! Just sorry I'd missed it up till now! would like to see a pic of you with the foam finger though... ;-) sounds like you're keeping yourself busy! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Mum says.....

Glad to see that you have had a decent meal at long last!
I wouldn't have liked to have been so high up in the stands...scary stuff. Can't wait for the next installment.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Canadian hat there in the central photograph ;)

The P(hil)enguin Master said...

I love tall hats!

Anonymous said...

To Phil's mum, they call those seats the "nose bleed seats" because they are so high!!!

Anonymous said...

Three cheers for the nosebleed section . . . . I want a hockey game, although the tickets are more expensive so we shall have to see. I can't wait to see the Leafs smash the hell out of the Penguins though. Just kidding, Phil, don't have a heart attack and start making meeping noises at me.

When my sister was small, my father took her to a bluejays game and she dressed up like a real blue jay. She even had feathers. The photos are hilariously funny. It makes me grateful that I was second born, and therefore spared some of the more embarrassing "I have a kid so I want to dress it up" parental urges.
Caitlin