Tuesday, September 06, 2005

A Scary Day

This was the big day for all the other froshers (for some reason this is what new people are called, note the 'o') to move in. After sleeping 12 hours straight to get rid of my jet leg I travelled down to the ground floor for a free BBQ. Only one hamburger per person I was told. There was a nice salad though that tasted just like pesticide. Apparently they are not quite so stringent about what goes into food here. It was nice nonetheless and I met a couple of people, Kevin a commuter from Toronto and David, a business extradonaire! I also collected my frosh kit, which had free sweets, campus clothing and as many leaflets needed to start a small bonfire in.

After that I took part in the first frosh activity, building a mascot. The most obvious choice for a mascot was of course a peacock. A natural choice for the blue team. The blue team comprised of the Kaiser and Iroquois floors. I am on Kaiser! After Dudley, our badminton playing, kineasiology studying peacock was deemed the best we all went to the frosh opening ceremonies. Later that night I went to an electric tea party where you draw on each others shirts with crazy highlighters. All in all, not a bad day!

No comments: