Thursday, January 26, 2006

The world is a funny old place!

QUICK FENCING UPDATE:

I have been given a new nickname. Many of you know me as the Penguin Master, many of you refuse to call me that because you believe it is embarassing. Fair dos, but it costs you when birthdays and christmas come around. However, at fencing I am now known as the Ripper for my unorthodox new stance, which looks darn cool. It also gives me the excuse to say when I win "You've been ripped."

INJURY UPDATE:

While ripping I hurt my thumb and made one of my fingers numb for several days. My thumb was bleeding from under the nail. Nasty stuff, but I battled through the injury and won the bout.

LIFE UPDATE:

Today I had a lecture in one of my courses by a cross dresser. Yes you heard that right, will the hilarity of this place never end. He is a Canadian Eddie Izzard and a pretty good lecturer at that. Its not every day you can say something like that.

GRADE UPDATE:

In the style of Ryan I will be bragging slightly via the internet. 94% in my take home exam for philosophy. WOOHOO!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your result! Good to see you had a good times over Christmas & New Year. What an experience at your Global Leaders Retreat - do you think it was planned to test your leader- ship skills? By the way you forgot to say that you were the only English guy there and you had been selected out of 350 people chasing just 75 places! When are we going to see the deer pictures?
Keep up the good work. From Father to The Ripping Penguin Master.

Anonymous said...

As random as this is, I followed a link to your site over from facebook. Nice to see other York bloggers.

Some of the lecturers here are nuts, it's great. It's not like that where I'm from, either.

Congrats on the good grade. :)

Anonymous said...

What happened to the other 4%?

Anonymous said...

6%, my bad on the terrible maths!