Sunday, February 12, 2006

Celebrity entrails


Very soon I'm sure to become a celebrity in Canada. I have now been on Canadian TV twice, most recently appearing in a trailer for the Royal Canadian Air Farce - the premier satirical comedy show on CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation). I had to pretend I was talking to an uber happy Canadian TV presenter before he turned round and spoke to the world wide audience of around 10 million. Check out photos of the studio above.

So thats was the celebrity, here is the entrails - I went to see Body Worlds 2 at the Ontario Science Centre. It was created by that guy who plastinated dead people and turned them into works of art. It was fascinating stuff, but a little creepy. They even had a dead person fencing!

Finally, I was shown this patriotic American Film in the only OmniMax cinema in Ontario. I feel it did not affect me in any way. By the way, have any of you considered joining the US Air Force, its a great opportunity? You get to blow stuff up like tanks and such.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a star! Life will seem so tame when you have to return to the mundanity of British life. The bodyworks ex. sounds interesting but not for the squeamish. We've been bird-watching (the excitment level was very high) and we saw 3 sorts of tit, huge herons, pheasants and nut hatchers; no bears though, but there were interesting marks on the tree trunks; what did that I hear you wonder!

love mum and dad xx

Anonymous said...

GRAARRRR!!!!

One of the doctor's at my clinic in Cambridge got mauled to death by a bear just this year. Which was very sad.

Royal Canadian Air Farce, a requisite for anyone in TO. Oh, how I love that show. It doesn'T come in here with my noncable TV though, which is nothing short of sad.

Apple is still alive and kicking . . . errrr . . . swimming. Amazingly enough. Apparently Amsterdam fed shrooms to his fish, and it'S still alive. Which is terrible, I'd never feed shrooms to my fish (in fact, I'd never have shrooms, ewwwwww).

Belle and Sebastian soon! I'm so excited, It's goingi to be awesome. I'm missing the Clap Your Hands Say Yeah concert since it's 19+ only, which is really too bad, since I love them and going with Jayyo and D-go would be fun. Oh well, what can you do?

Hey, I have new nickname too . . "Special K", like the cereal. Only it sounds frighteningly like a drug, but I only got it because Mike called me Kay by accident instead of Cait. Bizarrrrroooo.

I'm off to watch 12 Monkeys, based on Chris Marker's glorious "La Jetée", a film done in low budget, entirely still images, really really really well done.

Later yooo

PS when I was in Brampton sleeping at Jayyo's, some guy ACTUALLY said "Fo Sheezy" at the bus station. Oh, it was great. Because it was for real, not just mockingly.