Friday, October 28, 2005

Spooky Goonies!



Aye, tis that time of the year when all ye ghosts and ghouls come out to haunt those unsuspecting people. In fact halloween is a massive deal in Canada, scarily so in fact. See I got a pun in! Apparently they have a big problem here with people who ritually sacrifice cats on halloween night. Thursday is pub night, which is actually club night, but we'll forgive them for desecrating the traditional english pubs' name. It was the night where everyone dressed up and boy were there some crazy costumes, from nutty ninjas to playboy bunnies all the way through to THE GOONIES! For those of you, like me, who have no idea what goonies are they are the stars of the popular Disney film of the same name. I was roped into being one of them, which actually involved dressing like I was from Grease, so that was no big deal. Apparently my name was mouth and my character was always looking in the mirror. I would be lying if I said I found it hard to get into character lol! In fact a group of us dressed up as the entire cast of the goonies with Don Donald as the scariest of them all, Sloth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eeeeh I don't even think I LOOKED like Mandy (I am th eone across from film, in the orange with the brown hair looking slightly out of it).

Oh well. good that you had the real Canadian Hallowe'en experience, although mostly it's just the guy sthat dress up as cool stuff and then all the girls dress up like whores. One girl came to my film class today dressed up for Hallowe'en, and if she was walking down the street she would have passed for a common prostitute, seriously . . . .

Although I think today's screening of my little scene with Danielle trumped her costume any day. We got whistles.

I am so disturbed.

Caitlin