Thursday, December 22, 2005

A French Folly!


An Englishman (me), a Scotsman (Joe), a Canadian (English Teacher Steve) and a German (Cosi) walked into a car. We then set off on a journey to Montreal and Quebec, a land where all our wishes would come true. Hang on thats Oz. Straight after my economics exam we all bundled in the car to start our 7 hour journey to Montreal. Joe and I had made a mix CD to entertain the foreigners, introducing them to bands such as Coco Rosie and Jamie Cullum. KT Tunstall went down especially well. I also included a comedy podcast by Ricky Gervais completely forgetting the skit at the end about dirty Roman inventions, Cosi gave me a few funny looks. On the way we stopped off at a McDonalds and what a McDonalds it was. They had some kind of crazy production line set up and a very strict uniform. The large fries and dink were huge. Check out the drink, it was the same size as my head and as we all know I don't have the smallest head lol! Not only that, but I was also called a divine religious sign by a strange uber religious nut. Remember I am still in McDonalds. She asked me how church in England was? I said "people still go from time to time!" She then proclaimed I was a sign from God to show that she must take a job in Europe. How bout that. I have never been a divine sign before!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of fundementalist christians. This explains why George Bush is such a whacko (sorry, any Republican supporters out there).

The stories I could (and have) tell you about my church days. Oh my. I think the sanest religious experience I've ever had was actually in Québec - I went to a Catholic mass in French and said prayers on a Buddhist rosary. But did not go for communion.

Have a good Christmas, come visit me if you feel like it, I'm bored.

I think Diego and I are going out for New Years! Yay! E-mail me or call if you have a chance . . .

Later
Caitlin

Anonymous said...

I am a Republican supporter and I am not offended by the above message, although I think you are confused and have strange ideas.

(not you Phil)