Thursday, November 17, 2005

Oooo Mr Bond...


Last Monday was another day, another crazy adventure! I found myself in downtown Toronto with the Scotsman (thats Joe, but I feel this new name sounds edgier). After getting off the subway, we meandered through Chinatown and went to Kensington Market. You could buy all kinds of crazy stuff from whole pigs to the obligatory black fungus; yes that is its real name. Eventually we found ourself on Bloor, a very nice part of time, populated by shops selling fine China and diamonds from Cartier. The Scotsman and I decided that it was time for food, so after wandering up and down the strip, we settled on the Thai Basil. The restaurant was really nice inside and was designed in a traditional Japanese style except it had sliding glass as opposed to paper doors. I myself ordered a Thai green curry drizzled in coconut and not just a martini, but a lychitini. Thats right folks, a martini made with lychee juice. Phenomenal! We also grabbed a glass of lemongrass juice, which is supposed to cure a bad mood!

No comments: