Monday, November 21, 2005

It's Christmas, no wait thats still a few weeks away, then what's Santa Claus doing over there?



Last Sunday was the big Santa Claus parade held every year in Toronto for the past 101 years, yes thats almost as long as Canada has been around. Billed as one of the seasons premier attractions featuring 20, yes 20, of the worlds best clowns, and the big red jolly man himself. The parade was cold, but a traditional North American fare with big floats, golf carts, people dressed as peanuts, people dressed as post boxes, the list is endless. While sipping my hot chocolate I imagined how great it would be to relive those childhood days. After seeing santa, who spoke to the kids with the help of a tannoy system, I grabbed lunch at the Black Bull a charming pub on Queens Street West, before going clothes shopping. Yes, like many a man this fills me with dread, but I handled it well I felt and even found some stuff that fit me. The Scotsman had a more disturbing clothes experience when he bought a pair of pants and got a free rainbow spandex headband with it. Now that is weird! Also on the way home went to a mini XBOX 360 expo and got to play it. Not bad, but could have been better I feel. Well I'm off to write a paper, catch you later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The House family say 'Hi!' Great to hear your news, When Rob saw the photo of your Scotsman he was convinced it was you (shows how long it is since him and Jamie have seen you!). Had to explain that hair does not grow or change colour that quickly - relieved when a photo of you came into focus. Yes, our PC is ancient and downloads things at snail's pace. Now we have finally found your blogspot, we will visit regularly.

Take care
xxx

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I'm sure that Santa will pay you a visit. He lives closer to Canada than England!
love mum x